University of Virginia Foundation

Providing real estate and financial services for the University of Virginia.
Menu

Blue Ridge

The Blue Ridge site was purchased by the Virginia Department of Health for use as a tuberculosis sanatorium in 1914, and operated from 1920 - 1962. It was part of the UVA Medical Center from 1978 until 1998, and was transferred to the UVA Foundation in 2000.

The Foundation stabilized eleven buildings on the property for potential future use at the University’s direction, including a barn, various silos, Wright Hall, the Chapel, Lyman Mansion, and the Bradbury houses.