The University of Virginia Foundation is inviting applications for a full-time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant position. This individual will serve as the front desk building receptionist and will also provide clerical/administrative support to the Foundation’s staff.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years clerical/administrative assistance experience. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Strong use of Microsoft Office, to include: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Adobe Photoshop and other desktop publishing experience would be helpful. Excellent oral and written communication skills and telephone speaking skills required.
Specific job requirements include, but not limited to:
- Answer incoming phone calls and assist callers
- Greet Foundation and building tenant guests and direct them appropriately
- Receive and distribute mail
- Coordinate the pickup/delivery of express mail services
- Schedule meetings using Microsoft Outlook
- Schedule and monitor the use of conference rooms
- Record checks and payments received daily
- Assist with scanning, shredding, copying, filing, and other clerical support as needed
- Order supplies and handle stocking and distribution
- Maintain an adequate and orderly inventory of office, kitchen, and beverage supplies
- Arrange periodic office socials, and coordinate lunch meetings as needed
- Assist with special projects and reports
The University of Virginia Foundation offers a professional work environment. Benefits include health, dental, 403(b) retirement savings account, paid time off and educational tuition reimbursement.
The University of Virginia Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We regret that the volume of applications we receive does not allow us to contact all candidates. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted by a Hiring Manager.