Please click on the Event Handbook below to plan your next event at Morven:
Morven Event Handbook
The Main House, built in 1820, renovated in 1990 and again in 2008, includes four bedrooms and five and one-half modern baths in a two-story, 6,412-square-foot estate home. The Main House includes a 611-square-foot terrace overlooking a rural landscape, formal entertaining rooms for meetings, dinners and receptions,as well as a modern, updated kitchen and a parking lot that accommodates 20 cars (additional parking available on-site, a short shuttle ride away).
Capacity: 40 dining; 60 lecture; 100 Reception
Fact Sheet: Main House
Video Tour of Main House:
The Meeting Barn is a conference and cinema destination. Fully renovated in 2009 with a nod to Morven’s equestrian past, it includes a commercial-grade kitchen facility, a meeting area with an atrium and outdoor patio space, wireless internet, and the latest in audio/visual technology.
Capacity: 70 dining; 100 dining with tented patio; 60 lecture; 120 reception
Fact Sheet: Meeting Barn
Video Tour of Meeting Barn:
The Old Kitchen, built in the early 19th Century, lies behind the Main House and overlooks a rose garden. The Old Kitchen’s two rooms contain the original brick fireplaces, but does not have bathroom facilities (a short stroll to the Main House). The Old Kitchen is air conditioned and centrally heated. It is ideal for small retreats, meetings and luncheons.
Capacity: 10 dining; 10 lecture; 25 Reception
Fact Sheet: Old Kitchen
Video Tour of the Old Kitchen:
The Stone House, built in the 1920s, renovated by John Kluge in the early 1990s, and again in 2009 by an adjunct faculty member and architect, Richard Price. With its most recent renovation, the Stone House has affectionately been coined, “the war room.” The Stone House includes two restrooms, and a second-floor conference room, with seating for 20, surrounded by raised, press-board walls, accented with modern lighting that splashes on the wall-boards surrounding the large, conference table. The conference room opens onto a second floor porch, supported by native stone arches (and likely built by previous owners, the Stones), giving the Stone House its name. The views from the conference room porch and windows spill over into the valley leading to Ash Lawn – Highland, providing panoramic displays of the seasons and farm. The Stone House is ideal for retreats, seminars, engaging lectures, and includes a power point screen and projector.
Capacity: 20 lecture; 35 Reception
Fact Sheet: Stone House
Video Tour of the Stone House:
The Formal Gardens were restored in 1930 by distinguished landscape architect Annette Hoyt Flanders. Since 1933, the Formal Gardens have been open to the public for Historic Garden Week.
Fact Sheet: Formal Gardens
Japanese Garden and House
The Japanese Garden and House were installed by John W. Kluge in the mid-1990s.
Tours and meetings can be scheduled in the garden and house.
Capacity: 12 dining; 12 lecture
Fact Sheet: Japanese Garden
See where the facilities are located on the Morven Central Grounds Map:
Morven Central Grounds Map