The University of Virginia Foundation is inviting applications for a Senior Accountant. This position is responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the general ledger and assisting in the preparation of accounting statements and financial reports for the University of Virginia Foundation.
Responsibilities include reconciliation of financial records, preparation of financial and management reports, receipt of funds and overall assistance in the control of the assets of the Foundation.
Essential responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations to complete the month-end close and the annual year-end audit
- Reconcile monthly and process appropriate adjustments to balance sheet accounts
- Compile and maintain financial information regarding leases, including accounts receivables and other lease auditing responsibilities
- Assist accounts receivable with invoicing, aging and recording cash receipts
- Assist with all accounting aspects of the annual external audit process
- Assist with analysis of monthly financial statements and prepare reports
- Assist in the preparation of annual tax return information
Required Education and Skills
- BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- Minimum of 4-6 years financial accounting experience
- CPA designation preferred
The University of Virginia Foundation offers a professional work environment. Benefits include health, dental, 403(b) retirement savings account, paid time off and educational tuition reimbursement.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the Human Resources Department by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Open until filled
The University of Virginia Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.