The Historic Renovation Corporation (HRC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Foundation and serves as a full-service property management company.
HRC was founded in 1983 to oversee the renovation and management of fraternity and sorority housing at the University of Virginia. Originally created to address the deteriorating conditions of fraternities and sororities, today the HRC is a third-party company handling the day-to-day management for a portion of the Greek housing market at the University.
With more than 30 years of experience in the management of multi-tenant historical houses, our professional, well-trained staff of accountants, property managers and maintenance personnel are able and willing to meet the diverse needs of the University’s Greek housing system.
HRC provides the following range of services:
- Onsite weekly property inspections
- 24-hour emergency services, 365 days a year
- Low hourly maintenance fees for our highly trained staff
- Coordination of trash removal, landscaping and grounds services, janitorial services, laundry services, appliance repair and replacement, and pest control
- Prompt responses to maintenance requests
- Fire control system upkeep, ensuring that systems meet code and are regularly serviced
- Preventative maintenance programs for building systems
- Collection of rent, fees and dues
- Preparation of annual house budgets
- Preparation of monthly financial reports and quarterly damage statements
- Vendor payment processing
- Delinquency collections
- Coordination of move-in and move-out with house officers
- Leasing services
- Customer/resident relations
- Project management for house renovations
- Oversight of interviewing, hiring and supervising all contractors
- Professional recommendations to House Corporations